Saturday 20 September 2014

Autumnal beauty shrine


You'd be inclined to think this post was a spontaneous gathering of leafs from my garden upon which I just thought of laying (rather photogenically might I add) some beauty products. Oh how much you'd be mistaken.

It took an hour and a half cycle to gather all the different leafs, especially since in Bucharest the weather is pretty much akin to that of a nice July day. The only slight nod to autumn is the lazy crisp breeze that sometimes blows... it's pretty much my favorite time of year. Bring on the Starbucks spice chai lattes!

Moving on from autumn fangirling, in case you've already sorted out your transitional summer to autumn wardrobe - in which case you get a medal my friend - and are stuck for make up inspiration, here are some of my favorite items that I safekeep till September. And then it's a burgundy party on mah face.



       I. SLEEK BLUSH IN 'CORAL 933'



A somewhat intimidating blusher for a newbie like me. It's very pigmented which means you shouldn't go brush happy with this one. One of the reasons I like it is that it's not shiny so it doesn't look artificial or as if you've been wrapped in clingfilm around your cheekbones. I'd say Sleek do shades for each skin tone but I kind of keep this one for autumn/winter when my wardrobe drains of colour and I need some sort of nuance in my skin to compensate.
It's currently priced at 4.50 pounds which is an absolute bargain. You can find it in Superdrug stores.

        II. TOCCA 'FLORENCE' PERFUME

This used to be an impulse buy since it was perfect travel sized perfume for 15 pounds at Anthropologie. It's quite hard to describe it but I gravitated towards it because of the sophisticated by unfussy smell, the kind you feel on someone else and then spend ages trying to find something similar. The company describes it as smelling of old-world Paris and I can see it working with nothing better than tousled hair, Louboutin heels and a breton top on your way to the boulangerie. If you have a good nose and imagination, good for you cause here are the notes: Italian Bergamot, Grapefruit leaves, Green Pear, Apple, Ivory Gardenia, Crushed Violet Petals, Jasmine, Tuberose, Blue Iris, Blonde Wood and White Musk.

       III. SEPHORA COLOURFUL LIQUID EYELINER 24 HOURS WATERPROOF IN '09 FIREWORKS'



This one just screams Guy Fawkes night to me. Purple for autumn leaves, rain, suns and moons, 'Fireworks' is a great alternative to the same old black, navy or grey eyeliner. I normally never go for shimmer, let alone glitter, but it's barely visible as such, giving a nice 'awake' glow instead. And trust the 'Waterproof' claim written there, it's pretty hard to remove without special eye makeup cleanser.

        IV. RIMMEL LONDON KATE MOSS LIPSTICK IN '08'




I've had this one for a while now and haven't worn it much, waiting for summer to be over so I can whip it out. It's a mauve but not quite, a very subtle nod to oxblood shades you see EVERYWHERE come autumn. If you love burgundy dresses, bags, trousers and coats just as much as I do, then this is the lipstick to match the rest of your wardrobe.

        V. the Balm MEET MATT(E) EYESHADOW IN 'MATT BATALI'


A go to shade for creating subtle shades in the crease of my eye but also for turning a day look into instant smokey eyes, Matt Batali is a really versatile shade. It's also a purple but a very dark, dusty take on it. I'd apply some primer before because it tends to crease after 2-3 hours.

        VI. OLIVER BONAS CANDLE IN 'ELDERFLOWER & LIME'
Been saving this one for ages! I got this as a birthday present from a good friend of mine and boy does she know my taste in candles. It smells divine and I can't make myself put it out (although I should - never leave candles unattended). It's floral, sweet smelling without being overpowering and from what I gather it's pretty organic too which is always a good thing to hear when you'll be breathing its fumes for a few good hours. You can find it in Oliver Bonas for 20 pounds I think.

        V. MICHAL NEGRIN HAIR ACCESSORIES                                                                    
                             
Lastly,  a pair of bejeweled hair clips from 'Tamara' which I've had for absolute ages. I contemplated putting a throwback photo of 10 year old me wearing these but decided against it... maybe another time. They remind me of Evelyn Waugh's 'Evil Bodies'. A Great Gatsby sort of vibe in colours that not only match the reddening leaves but also chestnut brown locks.

1 comment:

  1. I love Sleek blushes and that shade looks gorgeous! xx
    http://penneychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird