Sunday 9 November 2014

Eye palette review: MUA 'Haven and Earth'

Warm neutrals eyeshadow palette

If you lust after the highly hyped up Urban Decay neutral palettes or missed the limited edition Bobbi Brown Warm Neutrals one like yours truly, then this might potentially change your makeup collection irrevocably.


Warm neutrals eyeshadow palette

Warm neutrals eyeshadow palette

Warm neutrals eyeshadow palette

Review of metallic neutral eyeshadows

MUA Heaven and Earth eyeshadow swatches

Now, I'll confess, I'm an MUA virgin, never tried any of their products before. But this palette...just something about it shouted 'You will regret not buying me!'. At the not-so-spicy price of 4 pounds surely I could afford to experiment a bit.

There is really not enough praise I can bring this palette. The colours are beautiful, ranging from the champagne 'Aurora' for highlighting to 'Bedrock' that is perfect for a more sultry smokey eye. And there's endless layering combinations to be made too, my favorite being 'Valley' and 'Tectonite' for a more mauvy makeup or 'Babylon' with 'Catacomb' for the classic bronzed one. The colour payoff is really good and dare I say actually better than Urban Decay whose formulation I find a bit crumbly with the glitter particles. Oh and did I mention it stays put for more than 10 hours??

The only two negatives I have is the slightly cheap looking packaging with a fiddly clasp that I can never work without the brush flying off everywhere. The second would be the lack of mirror which makes it a little difficult to use on the go but honestly even that won't stop me from using it.

I wholehartedly recommend this palette, it's perfect for that natural looking bronzed makeup and I reckon it would suit any eye colour and skin tones with warmer tendecies. 

Let me know if you've tried any other MUA products that you loved, I foresee another trip to Superdrug pretty soon!

3 comments:

  1. Nice palette, the colours are beautiful. I love natural shades :)

    yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de/2014/11/love-peace-joy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really nice, not sure if we have that here though!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram // youtube

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird