Sunday 21 December 2014

Dress your lips for Christmas



I'm not going to claim dark lip tones as an invention of mine since most bloggers and youtubers are sporting them but I will say they make it look so much easier than it actually is. Make up stands are brimming with choice but it can be -it certainly was for me- overwhelming to be facing 4 different shades of red and not know which one would suit you. I'm afraid I don't have a secret nor a quick solution, it's a case of trial and error, but I do have a recommendation so maybe that will help next time you're in Boots and having an existential crisis in the makeup aisle.







On the left there's Rimmel London's Moisture Renew Lipstick that really lives up to its name. It's in the shade 'Glam Plum Fulham', a cross between cranberry and plum because it does have some pink coming through. It's a lovely creamy formula that glides on super easily and it stays on quite a long time, I'd only need touchups every 4-5 hours. If you really need a strong hold, I'd recommend applying some Lipcote over it to seal the colour. This one is 6.50 from Boots.

And then on the right is Bourjois' Rouge Edition Lipstick in 13, I believe it's Rouge Jetset. It's the most perfect red, with blue undertones so it makes teeth whiter than they are - always a plus. It is slightly harder to apply than the other one and you do need a brush (I just use a thin eyeliner one) to smooth out the edges and contour your lips so it doesn't look like a 5 year olds' after raiding their mum's makeup stash. However, it lasts forever, I wore it on Halloween and it stayed on for at least 7 hours with minimal colour transfer. Definitely worth dirtying that brush for. This retails at 7.99 in Boots but it does feel like an expensive product so I'd give it a whril next time you're there!

Hope this helped in the never ending quest for the perfect holiday lipstick shade - I already know which one I'm going to wear for Christmas, to match the jumper, clearly. What other lipsticks do you guys like/ found surprisingly nice? 

Stay festive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird