Tuesday 9 December 2014

London at Christmastime

It was high time I escaped the Cambridge bubble for the maddness that is London at Christmas time. 

steam train


Ben's cookies

Victoria's Secret London

Victoria's Secret London

Victoria's Secret London

Victoria's Secret angel wings

Victoria's Secret London


Anthropologie

Anthropologie

Anthropologie

Fortnum & Mason

Fortnum & Mason

Covent Garden at Christmas

Covent Garden Christmas Tree



Somerset House Skate


Rembrandt exhibition National Gallery

Five Guys burger London

Mind the Gap

There are few words that can express how good this weekend city break was for me. After living in a teeny tiny town where all points of interest are within a 15 minute walk of each other, being thrown back into the merciless crowds of Regent Street shoppers awoke the urban side of me. 

Have I mentioned how much of an adult I felt taking the train and not getting lost (this time - long story)? Or how cool it feels to say you've packed an 'overnight bag'? Less cool having to carry it on your arm the whole day but worth it nonetheless.

I got so nostalgic walking through my old weekend haunts, from the beautifully decorated Victoria's Secret shop and getting excited for today's broadcast of their show to the bohemian calm of Anthropologie. I also couldn't not stop at Fortnum & Mason since it was one of the main reasons for my coming to London, to stock up on tea for the coming Uni term. I thought I'd play it safe with my favorite two flavors, Peach and Fortmason, and I also added the Christening Blend to the collection, since it boasted bergamot and I looove bergamot. 

The Christmas spirit was rounded for the day with the massive tree in Covent Garden and the festive Apple Market and off course the Somerset House ice rink, who could miss that? 

As a last stop, I had to pop in the Rembrandt exhibition at the National Gallery that, as always, I highly recommend. Being able to gallery-hop is one of the main reasons why I miss London and why I just had to make the train journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird