Friday 23 March 2018

Winter to Spring skincare


Happy spring to you all! I've arrived in Bucharest almost a week ago to find more snow than we had in December and January, meaning my workouts have been less gym and more snow-shovelling. I also haven't left the house much because it's so cold and even so my skin has been under a lot of strain. It's pretty common to get sensitive/dry skin when inside the air is hot and dry and outside the chilly winds seem to almost scratch at your face so I treated myself to a couple of Sephora skincare goodies to give my skin a helping hand. 




  belif is a brand I haven't heard of before. Though it was founded in Edinburgh in 1860 it's made in Korea - hence why I found it in Sephora's Korean beauty corner. It says it's a "true herbal cosmetic brand, delivering the highest value and quality based on the processes and philosophy from Scotland" and claims it delivers 70% more hydration to the skin. What made me choose the aqua bomb cream is a) the fact that it has quite a bit of botanical extracts b) it has a lightweight gel formula which is ideal of combination skin and c) is formulated so that foundation sits very well on top. 

  Going back to point a), the belif aqua bomb cream has high water content, glycol, glycerin and capric triglyceride (which derives from coconut oil) which are smoothing and skin-replenishing ingredients. I always make sure to check the main ingredients at least of cosmetics ingredients dictionaries such as Paula's Choice website and these all came tagged as 'good' or 'best' meaning they're not toxic, irritant or acne-causing. Other essential oils and their properties are:

Oat kernel extract : antioxidant and skin-soothing properties.
Napeta Cataria extract : antibacterial.
Raspberry leaf extract : potent antioxidant properties.
Alchemilla Vulgaris leaf extract : used to treat sensitive skin with eczema or acne and is beneficial in softening dry or rough skin.
Nettle leaf extract : anti-inflammatory, astringent, good for acne.
Rosemary oil : antioxidant and calming on skin.




  From Caolion I got two travel-sized pore refining products. The O2 Sparkling Purifying Soap is a solid hand made soap with Charcoal and Cocoa that exfoliate and clean the pores and Lavender oil to control sebum. It's very light-weight and feels like you're giving your skin a deep-clean. What I also REALLY like about it is that the packaging is printed with Soy Ink, a very cool eco-friendly feature!





  Also from Caolion is this Purifying O2 Bubble Pore Pack which is one of those funny foaming face masks, like so 👇👇👇👇

Source: Reddit/ Zeapollo
It has really good reviews and the added comedic value definitely is worth it.



  Last but not least, I broke in my Glossier milky jelly cleanser. I feel like so much has been said, snapped and written about this by now that I have nothing new to add. It's an unusual consistency for a cleanser because it doesn't foam and I am one to use a foaming cleanser to remove everything including makeup with. However, I will say this, it doesn't strip the skin at all and leaves a comfortable layer of hydration after rinsing. It also somehow magically controls oil in the T-zone area, that most other cleansers don't do. It's definitely one to invest in, even if to try for yourself and I think the price point is justifiable.


❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆ ❄ ❅ ❆

There you have it, a rundown of all the new items of skincare I've purchased/used. You should be able to see where I've linked the name of a product to a website selling it. I'm also trying to find more vegan/natural/organic brands for my skincare so if you have any good recommendations please leave them below!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird