Sunday 5 June 2016

Summer makeup haul


So...this happened. Oops!

I finished exams on Wednesday and naturally had to celebrate through retail therapy. I was actually very good, taking into consideration the fact that I left Zara without buying anything. Scroll down to see what I bought and reviews as well ^.^






Rosie Bea 'Flutter' eyelashes - Superdrug, £5.49

Thought these were really dainty and delicate but had enough drama to make my makeup special. I'm planning on wearing these for May Ball.


Diorskin Forever foundation in 022 - John Lewis, £32.00

This is one of my all time favourite foundations. The coverage is medium but definitely buildable to a full if needed. It has 25 SPF which is perfect for summer as well and if you buy it from a Dior counter they have a nifty skin scanner that tells you what shade suits you best.


NYX proof it! eyeshadow primer - ASOS, £5.50

I was quite torn on this one since it feels a bit like glue on your eyelids at first and the doe-shaped applicator isn't the comfiest, especially on the sensitive skin around your eye. However, this did a brilliant job! I threw it in the deep end with a sweaty club night and my makeup stayed on perfectly with no creasing in sight!


Maybelline concealer - Boots, £7.99

After hearing so many bloggers and Youtubers rave about this product, I gave into buying it and trying it for myself. The sponge applicator is super fun and squishy but on a more practical note the product itself is great! I have the lightest shade and it's a bit too warm toned for me but still does a good job at concealing dark circles and at least I know I'll be able to use it when I'm tanned too.


Benefit mini 'Hoola' bronzer - Boots, £9.99

Such a cute little thing! I'm totally addicted to bronzing now because of this little guy. It's a very nice, blendable colour and it's not too strong or pigmented for newbies like me to use without looking like my face is dirty or orange. I find this works best with the fluffy kabuki brush from Ecotools.






Soap & Glory Smoulder Kohl in 'Brown' - Boots, £5.00

Do you see that price, do you?? This is such a find, I'm so happy I grabbed it in that moment of spontaneity. The pencil is extremely soft so it doesn't tag on your eyelid skin but the formulation and pigmentation is so strong that I can easily and safely wear it on my waterline. And can we just take a moment to appreciate the ingenious packaging with the built-in sharpener?


Maybelline Matte Maker transparent powder - Superdrug, £3.99

I'm all about these amazing drugstore products! This is a great mattifying powder that doesn't cake and doesn't add layers to your makeup. It's very light and you can definitely use it on its own to control shine in your T-zone or whatnot.



M.A.C Fix Plus fixing spray - M.A.C £10.00

Not gonna lie, I haven't tried this yet but I can already tell this will be better for my face than normal hairspray is.




Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in 'Naked Talent' - Boots, £9.00

I got this as part of the 2 for 1 offer currently going on in Boots. It's a lovely wearable nude shade which they describe as satin - it's definitely not matte but there is a decent amount of colour payoff and I'm really happy with how it moisturises lips at the same time. 




Max Factor Colour Elixir lipstick in 'Rosewood' - Boots, £7.99

I'm in love with this shade! As you can see from the side to side comparison with Naked Talent it's more opaque but that colour is gorgeous. A little bit plum, a little bit brown, I feel like I'll get so much wear out of this come September.




Bourgeois Rouge Velvet in Cool Brown T17 - Boots, £8.99

The formulation of this matte liquid lipstick blew my mind! It's very velvety (hence the name) but it glides on your lips so easily and it almost gives them an airbrush finish. It's quite longlasting in that I only needed a top up once during the day. All in all a great muted brown for all of you who are intrigued by the brown lipstick trend but are too scared to go full Kylie Jenner on your lips.



 Let me know which ones of these products you like or have tried!

 THANKS FOR READING XxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird