Tuesday 27 August 2013

Easy summer recipe: Squid stir-fry

Only one week to go before the red and grey knitwear will take the place of flowy tops... so much sadness. That's why I keep clinging on to anything summerish until the time to let go of sunny moments by the beach or early morning jogging trips through vineyards (coming soon!) finally comes.
Cooking is one of the things I love about summer holidays because I have the time to put all creativity to work in the kitchen. One of the tastiest experiments this summer has been the low-fat squid stir-fry, inspired by a Waitrose recipe. 
It's very quick and easy, relatively no fuss and moreover, it has that light, crisp texture you want in fresh summer foods to enjoy al-fresco!

You'll need:

I used about 5 medium-sized squids, which I then washed and cut into 2 cm round strips. Place them somewhere to dry before frying.
I tossed them in a pan to cook until they got golden brown together with some lemongrass for flavour.

In the same pan I cooked the greens until they were more tender but still crunchy.

And over them, added all the ingredients: the beansprouts, the spring onion, the squid, the egg noodles, lime everything.

Put a lid on it, waited for it to brown a little and added some sweet chilli sauce and it was ready!

Bon appetit!




4 comments:

  1. I agree, summer will be gone soon. I will miss it too. But I somehow like winter to, but I don't want it to last tooo long x')
    The dish looks amazing. I'm sure I'm going to try it, I'm getting hungry already!


    Loves ,
    The Mad Twins
    http://themadtwins.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have a point, I actually like autumn and winter better, mainly because of my love for knitwear. Very sad, I know :)). Thank you, tell me if you tried it!

      Delete
  2. Nice pics,love it! I have just discovered your blog and it’s really nice, ¿Could we follow each other?
    Im starting to post assiduously and I would love to know your opinion, this is mine:

    www.mysticlipstickblog.com
    Best Regards,
    Ana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely be checking your blog out ^.^

      Delete



blogger template by lovebird