Monday 11 August 2014

La patisserie des reves in London!


Anyone who is serious about their sugar should know about La Patisserie des Reves. I honestly didn't know about it since a few weekends ago it seems that I kept getting signs from the universe that this is what I should be doing. How often does is happen that you watch a Roux documentary on deserts where this little gem is mentioned in the same weekend as your friend who, recently returned from Paris, urges you to try it when you're next there?

There's only one inconvenience: that damned Channel. Thankfully, Philippe Conticini built a bridge for me and now I only need to go as far as Marylebone High Street to have a sample of his croquant mille feuille. And oh my god is it croquant!






I have no idea what this one is called but it's so good! The mousse of vanilla has some sort of chocolate inside on a bed of something quite nutty in flavour. Please excuse my limited vocabulary in regards to food, it really doesn't do it justice.




This one. This. Oh my goodness. It indadvertedly makes you go 'Mmmm' and 'Ohhh' just because it's brilliant. The mille feuille pastry is so crunchy and buttery and the vanilla creme is amazing and there's a sugar glazing that just explodes in your mouth. I could have a cake sized version of this Saint-Honore desert every day, any day.


This one is the Tarte Tatin which sadly sort of moved over in the box, despite the cute little picks that are meant to hold it in place. It was very good too but not as spectacular. I'm not too keen on apples either so I'm probably not the best judge.



There's no words to describe how much I recommend this. So far, THE best patisserie in London (no wonder it's a French one at that). If you want to know more, click HERE to browse the mouth watering website with short videos of Philippe Conticini himself trying out all these sugar-coated-chocolatey-parcels-of-deliciousness. 

1 comment:



blogger template by lovebird